Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate individuals to advance our mission to strengthen health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
Based at our headquarters in Washington, DC, the Finance Manager works closely with the Executive Director and Managing Partner to manage HSP’s day-to-day finances.
The Finance Manager maintains financial record keeping by enforcing organization-wide policies and controls for federal grant compliance, monitors payables and receivables, and tracks cash flow. Specifically, s/he is responsible for general ledger management; account reconciliation; and monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting cycle closing. In addition, the Finance Manager contributes to ensuring timely and accurate financial grant reporting as well as developing budgets for new grants proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree highly desired
- At least 3-5 years in accounting or financial/grants management required
- Demonstrated interest in non-profit budgeting and financial management
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with budget development, management, analysis, and reporting
- Experience with U.S. Federal Grant administration and OMB circular compliance
- Experience with A-133 audit preparation highly desired
- Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and work independently; to be adaptable and flexible; to work effectively with team members
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. Employment is subject to sustained external funding. Initially, candidates should be available for a 1-year commitment (with the possibility of an extension). Health Security Partners (HSP) is an equal opportunity employer.