Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate individuals to advance our mission of strengthening health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
The Health Communication Specialist will work with HSP partners in Ethiopia and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support vaccine campaigns, expected to take place in fall 2017 into 2018.
- In collaboration with HSP and CDC, design and implement a communication/promotion strategy for the vaccination campaign.
- Conduct focus group testing on messaging materials and advise on course of action for improvement.
- Develop communication materials for physical and electronic (i.e. social media) distribution.
- Conduct workshops/seminars educating the local stakeholders and training local health educators for the campaign.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support for the campaign.
- Represent HSP with government partners, in-country representatives of international agencies, and other identified partners.
*Scope of work not yet defined, responsibilities are subject to change.
- Master’s degree in public health, social work, psychology, communications or related field. Advanced degree (PhD/equivalent) preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience designing health communication/promotion strategies and/or campaigns. Direct experience with vaccine campaigns preferred.
- Demonstrated experience teaching courses, conducting workshops, or giving seminars on relevant topics.
- Experience engaging with media, policy makers, and/or civic leaders.
- Ability to understand vaccinology concepts and terminology, zoonotic disease transmission, and basic microbiology.
- Experience living and working in resource-constrained settings; sensitive to varying cultural norms and practices.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Amharic and other languages native to Ethiopia preferred.
This is a part-time contract position funded by an external federal grant. Compensation is based on a daily rate commensurate with experience. Must be available for limited deployments to Ethiopia.
Health Security Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
RETURN TO CAREERS