Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate Fellows to advance our mission to strengthen health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
Based at our headquarters in Washington, DC, the Health Security Policy Fellowship is a three-month program (with possibility for renewal). Fellows are provided with a monthly stipend.
- Education: Graduate or post-graduate student with demonstrated interest (through coursework or professional experience) in public and global health, international relations, national security, science & technology, sustainable development, and/or science diplomacy
- Adaptable, flexible, and have a willingness to learn and grow in a start-up environment
- Ability to work in diverse groups and effectively interact with team members and other stakeholders
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Foreign language a plus
- Representing HSP at meetings, hearings, events, and other opportunities in and around the Washington, DC area
- Developing and drafting white papers, memos, articles, and other written material for publication
- Creating subject-matter educational materials, subject-matter policy briefs/memos, fact sheets, and video lectures around topics such as zoonotic/emerging infectious diseases, zoonosis, anti-microbial resistance, disease surveillance, and laboratory capacity building
- Participating in grant development to grow HSP’s engagement around the world
- Generating new programmatic interventions in health security space
- Collaborating with HSP staff to design and implement program activities as needed