Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate individuals to support HSP staff in advancing our mission to strengthen health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
Based at our headquarters in Washington, DC, the Health Security Programs Summer Associate is a part- or full-time position available with a monthly stipend (May-August). All qualified candidates must demonstrate:
- Ability to work in diverse groups and effectively interact with team members and other stakeholders; to be a self-starter and work independently; to be adaptable and flexible
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Education: Upper-level undergraduate or graduate student with demonstrated interest (through coursework or professional experience) in public and global health, international relations, national security, science & technology, development, and/or diplomacy
- Skills: WordPress (highly desired), social media management (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), financial accounting and HR management software, travel arrangements (flights, hotel, visas, meeting logistics)
- Valid U.S. work visa or authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Providing program support to staff for logistics, events, and travel
- Providing general management support to HSP for financial accounting, budget tracking, and employee time sheets
- Developing content and resources for website, blog, and newsletters, such as written posts, photo series, videos, and factsheets
- Gathering relevant external position openings to maintain HSP members’ job board and external educational resources to maintain HSP members’ resources database
- Provide research support on topics related to global health security and diplomacy; including drafting papers for publication
Application Now Closed.