Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate individuals to advance our mission of strengthening health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
The Technical Advisor will work with HSP partners in Bangladesh and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to improve collection, transport, and processing of anthrax samples for both the human and animal sectors (separate positions).
- Provide technical assistance to national, provincial, and district level laboratories for anthrax specimen collection, transport, and storage.
- Assist as needed with strategic planning for specimen transport network.
- Conduct training workshops for laboratory personnel, ensuring appropriate biosafety and biosecurity practices are emphasized.
- Represent HSP with government partners, in-country representatives of international agencies, and other identified partners.
- Advanced degree in microbiology, veterinary or medical sciences and significant relevant work experience.
- Technical expertise and work experience in anthrax surveillance and control.
- Proficiency in sample collection, transport, and processing of anthrax-suspected specimens.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning for sample transport networks.
- Demonstrated experience teaching and/or mentoring students and trainees.
- Experience living and working in resource-constrained settings.
- Willing and able to travel to and within Bangladesh.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Bangla preferred.
This part-time contract position is funded by an external federal grant. Compensation is based on a daily rate commensurate with experience.
Continued employment is subject to sustained external funding. Initially, candidates should be available for a 1-year commitment (with the possibility of renewal).
Health Security Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
RETURN TO CAREERS