Health Security Partners (HSP) is seeking driven and passionate individuals to advance our mission to strengthen health security around the world through education, collaboration, and stewardship.
Based at our headquarters in Washington, DC, the Communications Coordinator will leverage their technical expertise to curate, manage, and publicly disseminate information about HSP’s programs and engagements through our website, newsletter, and social media platforms. The individual will assist in the development and implementation of HSP’s Communications Strategic Plan. In addition, this position will partially support the Director of Operations and Management on basic admin assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field
- At least one year demonstrated experience in social media strategy and communications
- Experience working in a non-profit, academic, or start-up environment
- Must be familiar with WordPress and web design
- Science, security and/or foreign affairs training a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse groups and effectively interact with team members
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently; to be adaptable and flexible
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills