As the Fellowship comes to a close next month the cohort of 2019 Health Security Stewards Fellows have become champions of Health Security. Since March 2019, Fellows have been conducting lectures and courses at their universities as well as related activities to bolster health security. We are thrilled at the incredible initiative and dedication our Fellows have exhibited and congratulate them on their many achievements!
- Wafaa Nasser Hassan Al-Hussainni led a biosafety and biosecurity training for 25 staff from the public health laboratory in Kirkuk, from September 15-16, 2019;
- Arwa Mujahid Al-Shuwaikh led a training session in biosafety and biosecurity at Al-Nahrain College of Medicine;
- Nawfal Aldujaili presented a lecture on global health security and microbiology for 23 postgraduate students;
- Aryan Mahmood Faraj presented a biosafety and biosecurity seminar at the Sulaimani Polytechnic University focused on food-borne pathogens for stakeholders in Halabja province;
- Fellows led by Dr. Ammar Shalan established the Iraqi Health Security Association;
- Fellows, Dr. Samah Ahmed Kadum Al-Jebory and Dr. Amal Talib Atiyah Al-Sa’ady, participated in the 5th International Conference on the Arab Society of Stem Cells and Molecular Biology.