At HSP, we strive to bring excellence, innovation, and passion to our work. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, flexible, and have a willingness to learn and grow. Check back regularly for new job opportunities.
Field Epidemiology Advisor (Indonesia)
Health Security Partners (HSP) is looking for an experienced field epidemiologist for a year-long consultancy to support the Indonesian Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP). The consultant will be placed in the FETP Secretariat within the Indonesian Ministry of Health.
- Serve as a liaison between HSP, CDC-Indonesia, Ministry of Health, the FETP Secretariat and universities.
- Facilitate coordination and development of information sharing protocols between FETP Secretariat, Ministry of Health (MOH) Surveillance Sub-Directorate, and PPSDM. Facilitate at least quarterly meetings.
- Facilitate regional collaboration among FETP stakeholders (ministry, university, field, etc.) to improve FETP programming to lessons learned/best practices from other regional FETP programs (e.g. Thailand).
- Facilitate and contribute to development and approval of career ladder/path for field epidemiologists in Indonesia.
- Conduct advocacy meetings on behalf of the FETP program for integration into Indonesia’s health workforce strategy.
- Work with provincial and district health offices to identify additional field placement opportunities.
- Support updating of logistics SOPs for student placement.
- Contribute to assessment of challenges to student recruitment and enrollment.
- Contribute to development and delivery of marketing plan to increase enrollment.
- Facilitate development and implementation of a scholarship program for FETP students for the 2021-2023 cycle.
The Consultant will be required to begin by 1 January 2021 and the consultancy will extend through 30 September 2021, with possibility of extension based on continued funding. The position is full-time, requiring up to 40 hours per week.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with the following qualifications:
- Graduate of the Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP), medical degree preferred;
- At least 7 years’ experience in field epidemiology;
- Experience working in the Indonesian Ministry of Health or provincial/district health offices;
- Experience working successfully with international teams;
- Good spoken and written English language skills; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Additional Requirement: Must be located in Jakarta or willing to relocate to Jakarta for the assignment.
How to Apply: Please send your CV and an email cover letter outlining your interest in this position to Alle Taylor (email@example.com). If you do not currently reside in Jakarta, please confirm your willingness to relocate in your cover letter.