At HSP, we strive to bring excellence, innovation, and passion to our work. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, flexible, and have a willingness to learn and grow. Check back regularly for new job opportunities.
Veterinary Laboratory Specialist (Indonesia)
The Health Security Partners (HSP) Veterinary Laboratory Specialist will work under the U.K. Fleming Fund Country Grant to support antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and control in the Indonesian food animal sector. This is a full-time position to accomplish the goals and objectives of the U.K. Fleming Fund in Indonesia. HSP is one in a consortium of international and Indonesian organizations working in support of the Fleming Fund in Indonesia.
All work will be done in collaboration with HSP, its Fleming Fund and Government of Indonesia partners. The scope of this position will include but is not limited to the following:
- Serve as subject matter expert in bacteriology and AMR, and microbiology laboratory operations in the animal health sector.
- Work with Senior Laboratory Specialist on coordination and follow-up of capacity strengthening activities with laboratories and government agencies.
- Support recruitment efforts for short-term technical assistance (STTA) related to laboratory capacity strengthening objectives.
- Monitor workplan progress, coordinating assigned deliverables and outputs.
- Prepare or contribute to written quarterly deliverables, including progress reports, memorandums, training curricula, etc.
- Support daily operations, including administration and logistics.
- Coordinate all activities closely with HSP headquarters.
- Advanced degree in Veterinary Medicine, Microbiology, or Public Health with at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Experience working with international donor agencies and their regulations.
- Working knowledge of antimicrobial resistance, laboratory systems, Indonesia’s animal health and livestock sector preferred.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of completing tasks without constant supervision. Also, must be capable of working diplomatically within a team which has members located across the world.
- Prior experience working with the Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture and Disease Investigation Centers (DICs) strongly desired.
This is a contract position funded by an external grant. Compensation is based on a daily rate commensurate with experience. Health Security Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send your CV and an email cover letter outlining your interest in this position to Alle Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "Vet Lab Specialist (Indonesia): [YOUR NAME]".