The Health Security Innovators Small Grants program supports scientists interested in advancing health security practices and policies in their country. Small grants are available for travel support, project seed funding, and institutional placement.
As you complete your online application, please note the application review process may take up to 12 weeks. Please plan ahead and submit your application at least 3 months in advance.
Grants are open to individuals in the government, academic, and private sectors. Scientists in public health, veterinary, and/or agriculture fields are encouraged to apply.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to keep these 5 criteria in mind as they are completing their grant application. A review committee of subject-matter experts will evaluate applications based on the following criteria:
- Does your proposal effectively define and address a global health security challenge?
- Is your proposal innovative? Does it propose a unique approach?
- Is your proposal cost effective? Does it have a strong return on investment and potential for long-term impact?
- How will the proposal’s impact be monitored and evaluated? What are its measurable targets and indicators?
- Does the proposal leverage local resources, build upon existing work (research, programs, etc.), and/or support collaboration with other local stakeholders?
Expectations & Opportunities
Grant recipients agree to provide the following to Health Security Partners:
- Detailed monthly progress reports, to include supporting documents such as lesson plans, training curriculum, agenda, and photos
- Final report with lessons learned, success stories, challenges identified, and recommendations
Grant amount varies depending on the scope and depth of the proposal. Applicants are encouraged to develop low cost, high impact proposals, as outlined in the grant criteria above.
We Currently Do Not Have Any Open Small Grant Opportunities.
Please Check Back In The Near Future As We Add Opportunities Regularly.