Consultant Opportunity - Network Data Manager, Indonesia
Position Description: Health Security Partners (HSP) is looking for a skilled professional with experience in data management, analysis and interpretation to support health-associated infection (HAI) surveillance in Indonesia as part of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Global Action in Healthcare Network (GAIHN). The Network Data Manager will work in collaboration with HSP and CDC to manage data generated within a network of health care facilities (HCF) for infectious diseases threats including COVID-19 in Indonesia. This is a part-time position to support HSP’s regional and country-specific efforts to improve HCF’s ability to prevent, detect and respond to HAIs. HSP is seeking a professional with a background in public health and/or data science, familiar with HCF data management systems, and preferably experience in epidemiology and microbiological data analysis. The Network Data Manager will ideally have experience working with Indonesian HCFs, including but not limited to RSUD Dr. Soetomo, RSUP H. Adam Malik, RSUP Dr. Hasan Sadikin and RSCM Dr. Cipto Mangunkusumo. All applicants MUST currently reside in Indonesia and be eligible to work there.
All activities will be conducted in collaboration with HSP, CDC Atlanta and CDC Indonesia, as well as the in-country GAIHN network. The scope of this position will include but is not limited to the following:
• Engage with the Network Coordinator to develop, strengthen, and harmonize data management protocols.
• Communicate data collection and reporting requirements with network HCFs.
• Manage and validate data delivered from each HCF.
• Conduct data analysis, identification of data discrepancies, and rectify cause of discrepancies.
• Conduct regular site visits to ensure and validate data submitted, as requested by HSP.
• Provide training and mentorship on data management, as requested by HSP and the network HCFs.
• Develop reports summarizing and evaluating data submission activities.
• Participate in trainings and meetings to ensure proper and timely implementation of network activities.
• Participate in development of and advise on purpose-built data management system for GAIHN activities.
Timeline for the Position:
The Network Data Manager will be required to begin as soon as possible (ideally in June 2022) and the consultancy will extend through 30 September 2022, with the possibility of extension (up to five years). The position will require up to 30 hours per week and domestic and regional travel, when it becomes feasible.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience with a Bachelor’s degree in data management, epidemiology, microbiology, molecular biology, or related field.
• Demonstrated experience in data management activity.
• Demonstrated experience in conducting training and capacity building efforts.
• Demonstrated experience in working with HCFs in Indonesia.
• Experience engaging and working with Ministries of Health and other relevant government stakeholders and international donor agencies.
• Must be self-motivated, capable of completing tasks without supervision.
• Excellent communication skills and proven record of teamwork.
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is essential.
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office, REDCap, and other relevant software.
This is a contract position funded by an external grant. Compensation is based on a daily rate commensurate with experience. Health Security Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please send your detailed CV and an email cover letter outlining your interest in this position to Kate Taylor, Email: email@example.com, and Cecelia Madsen, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “GAIHN Network Data Manager: YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email.
Next Article Previous Article